Got this off the big auction site. Certainly, mostly consumer products. But still eye opening none the less.
In particular I'm surprised to see what the retail of 834A system was. I do own a pair.
Got this off the big auction site. Certainly, mostly consumer products. But still eye opening none the less.
In particular I'm surprised to see what the retail of 834A system was. I do own a pair.
For the sake of perspective, MSRP for a 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive fleetside Chevrolet pickup was $2044.00
a '61 Impala convertible, with super sport package MSRP was 3149.00.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Preferably, one of Junior Johnson's with the Z11 427.i'd love to find a 63 SS impala for 3000$ myself.
![]()
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
A certain town NW of me used one as a near unmarked Police Cruiser to chase 'shiners, folks with 'Vettes, Cobras, hotrods, etc., even racers doing a bit of tuning, that used the local main highway like it was a racetrack. Later added an even faster H-M 427 Fix or Repair Daily. Rode in both at high speed with one time chasing an obviously tweaked '61 'Vette; he 'surrendered' after being overhauled, pushed along in the rear at high speed long enough to give him a good scare.
Inflation adjusted, that $3,149 is now ~$25,742, so guessing this would be a good price now if they're as high as some other similar brand/models.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
I cant believe the difference in prices and what some of the models bring today, thanks for the info!!! I bought fairly rare Pilot console an 1120A, that was TOTL in 1958. I have never seen another one, and from what I read cost between 1040 and 1400, it was filled with 8 Jensen speakers and the best tubes from the day. Why wasn't it filled with ALTECS, it would have sounded much better.
Last edited by juniper; May 6th, 2017 at 09:30 AM.
Bookmarks